Coventry Group Ltd (CGL) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers. CGL is bound by the Privacy Act and the principles thereunder when handling personal information. This document sets out CGL's practices and procedures on the collection, use, protection and storage of personal information collected from and about its customers. Further details concerning your privacy rights can be found at "The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner" web site at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act. The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 extended the operation of the Privacy Act to include the private sector throughout Australia. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles (NPP) stipulate means by which the private sector handles personal information. The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Privacy Amendment Act) came into operation on 12 March 2014 and includes a set of new, harmonised, privacy principles that will regulate the handling of personal information by both Australian government agencies and businesses. These new principles are called the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). They replaced the existing Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) that applied to Australian Government agencies and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) that applied to businesses. Further information on these reforms can be found at the Commissioner’s website: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/privacy-law-reform.
The Privacy Act applies to "personal information" relating to a natural living person. In order for CGL to provide you with the products and services you request, we will collect and store personal information about you, including your:
- mailing address
- email address
- telephone number
- fax number
This information allows us to identify you. In certain circumstances, we may also collect sensitive information such as your membership of a professional or trade association.
CGL collects personal information about you when you send us an order, deal with us over the telephone, visit our website or visit us in person. We may also receive personally identifiable information from other sources, such as:
- Business partners
- financial or credit organisations
- suppliers and
- trade referees
Generally we will tell you why we are collecting the information when we collect it and how we plan to use it if not obvious at time of collection. We only collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with our products and services. We will only collect sensitive information with your express consent. If you do not consent to certain uses of your personal information we may not be able to provide you with your requested products or services.
As part of our service, we may use the information to enable us to:
If you do not want to receive marketing information from us let us know and we will remove you from our contact list as soon as possible. CGL does not disclose your contact details to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Identify products and services which may be beneficial to you
- tell you about new or existing products or services and conduct market research or customer satisfaction surveys.
4.2 Disclosures to other organisations
In general, CGL will keep your personal information confidential, and only use and disclose it in accordance with your authority – there are some exceptions to this, which are specified below.
The types of organisations that CGL usually discloses your personal information to includes:
All of whom will be required to treat your information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- CGL's Associates – which means a holding company, subsidiary or subsidiary of a holding company, and any company in which CGL has a controlling interest or shareholding;
- Aggregate Information to Third Parties – which means any other information, statistical and non-identifiable, may be used and/or distributed to third parties to develop and enhance CGL’s services. Our suppliers and manufacturers - in relation to, for example, recall or warranty claims;
- Market research companies; and
- Debt collecting agencies.
If the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law, or in accordance with allowable uses and disclosures under the Australian Privacy Principles. Examples of circumstances in which CGL may use and disclosure your information without your consent include:
Information that is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body (refer to APP 6.2(e)) or a permitted general situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information (refer to APP 6.2(c))
CGL will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify information when it is no longer needed for any further purposes.
To protect the security of your information we have put in place:
- an information security policy
- allocated information security responsibilities
- regularly perform security education and training
- have a system in place for reporting security incidents
- have a business continuity management plan
- locks and security systems over our paper and electronic data stores and premises monitored online security systems
- Writing to us as per Contact Details below (point 12), Attention Privacy Officer
- Telephoning us as per Contact Details below (point 12). We will ask questions to identify you
- Calling into one of our offices and providing appropriate identification
In certain circumstances, access may be denied, these circumstances include where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request is frivolous or vexatious
- access relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- denying access is required or authorised under law
- providing access would be unlawful
If you are able to establish that information that CGL holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, then CGL will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Phone: +61 3 9205 8215
Address: Coventry Group Ltd,